Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ring-a-ling-a-ling

I realized the other day something that is both bizarre and interesting... if only to me.  My ears ring.  I don't think this is a clinical problem.  I think this is the workings of a tired brain trying it's hardest to reach homeostasis.  I don't notice it any other time than when a.) I am trying to fall asleep and the Hubs is not snoring or b.)  I'm in the bathroom, by myself, and the kids are sleeping and/or unconscious.  These times are clearly rare, but they have one thing in common:  silence.  I am so used to ongoing noise that my brain cannot wrap itself around quiet.  ...And with the newest Tourette Tic being humming... I have to consciously say to myself, "don't say anything.  don't say anything.  don't say anything." because it would be super crazy easy to yell at the poor kid without thinking.  There is just always an undercurrent of noise in my world.  There is only one way to solve this problem. 

A week on the beach.  and alcohol.

I am convinced.

In other news...  I have received my box o' diapers from Amazon.  It is damn near as tall as the kid that will be wearing them. 


Score.  I mean, I knew there would be 204 in the box... but seeing is believing.  And.  Damn.  I'm excited.  I'm going to be singing Amazon's praises for awhile.  Seriously, with the mom club they've got going on... the price just couldn't be beat... unless of course, you went cloth.  But he's two and... gross.  Check 'em out.  Seriously.  And be sure to join their moms club for more savings.

I'm also a little edgy today... I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT for the UPS man to get here.  Our whole "Story of the World" set up is on the way.  [History Curricula... nothing to do with Mel Brooks, cool kids.]    The kids are always like, "yay.  books."  and I'm always like, "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKS!"  In a giggity-giggity-goo sorta way.  Ya feel me?  I can't wait.  And since I've been sensing a smidge of ADHD, whether it's just me or truly there, I think the Coop is going to enjoy some hands on stuff to mix with the workbooks.  It's been like pulling teeth lately.  (yuck.)  Kudos to Rainbow Resource... I ordered 'em up Friday and UPS tracking says they're on the way today.  (squee.)

Happy Hump Day, Peeps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...