It's Friday, bitches. Here's the round-up:
1. We have decorated for Halloween. Because we are slightly freaky, we usually decorate more for Halloween than any other holiday. Here's why I love Halloween decorating: cobwebs. Fake ones, at least. Because fake ones mean I don't have to dust the real ones. (right??) They merely enhance the holiday decor, correct?? Here's something I don't get though. Every year we have the kids' decide which paper cut-out decoration they want on their bedroom door. Every damn year they choose the witch for MY door... why is this.... don't answer too quickly.
2. My sister came over Wednesday unannounced and uninvited. I liked it and it should happen more often. I think people always expect we're 'too busy with kids' to be social-able. This is not the case, please spread the word.
3. Pearl Jam 20 is going to be on PBS. I am both effing psyched and totally depressed. Pearl Jam on public television. That's a lot to swallow. The only music we listened to in the car when I was younger (besides polka... no really... polka... I know all of 'em) was oldies. I used to joke that one day NIN and the likes would be played on the local oldies station because in the future that would be our oldies. Hard to fathom as a kid, but with PJ coming to public TV.. I feel like the future is here. If you are a PJ geek like me, you must go HERE.
4. Happy Birthday to my best friend. Ten years ago today he had his last birthday. It's a downer, so I won't dwell, but it's taken me 10 years to get to a place where it doesn't hurt as bad. So... that's enough of that.
5. I live near Atlanta. It. is. freaking. cold. here. What is this??? I try to remind myself of summertime when it was too damn hot and I was begging for the cold. Not working. I do however love that it's fall and to some degree it feels like it. The trees are gettin purty. I'm hoping it still looks a bit like this for Lola's birthday in the park. I want some phenomenal pictures!
Well, I'm off to place holds on, literally, like 50 books for Coop's history studies. We're all about ancient Egyptians at the moment. I'm loving it, but I think he is still just 'so-so'. I'm hoping mummifying a chicken will help... doesn't that help nearly anything???....
Happy weekend. Be sure to don a scarf.