Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

Five For Friday

The re-telling of a kick ass week.  (just kidding... it was totally...  whatever.)

1.  My stepson is here.  This is great.  The kids all love him and get crazy excited when they know he's coming.  For instance, I know Z asked about when he was coming LITERALLY 50 times before breakfast was over on Thursday.  That all being said, the stepson and I butt heads constantly.  I totally try to see where he's coming from, remember he's from a different household, etc.  He was once diagnosed with O.D.D.  (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) He does seem to have relatively outgrown it... sometimes I think he keeps just a sprinkle for me though to bring out at really... special... times... 

2.  This made my day today:  Sleeping and the Power of Functionality on The Bro's blog.  Every time I hear this story about Coop I giggle.  He still does this.  As does Z.  Max just smiles... big.  Why?  Why do these little people do this?  How can I start doing it??

3.  I HAVE DEFEATED THE COUPON NINJAS.  Bitches.  Publix's ads begin on Thursday.  Hubs came home a smidge early yesterday and I (nearly) literally ran to Publix as soon as he stepped in the door.  Muahahahaha!  I have conquered them.  I got everything on my list.  I shit you not, this week I'll be feeding this family of 6 on $60.  And for part of the week, there's 7 of us.  Now I just need a way to get to Publix early on Thursday every. single. week...  hmm...

4.  This may sound nerdy, but I've been waiting all week for the SyFy guys to tweet that Haven has been picked up for another season.  The longer they make us wait, the more anxious I get to find out!  They left it at such a cliff hanger that I will be pissed if that is just... it.  It would remind me of Carnivale and the way HBO pulled that out from under my nose.  Anybody remember that??  sad face.

5.  I've been pondering Lola's birthday without writing any of it down.  There's so much work to be done around the house I've considered just telling everyone to bring a blankie and meet us at the park.  Then I think, well... if these are our friends, they won't care if our house needs work.  I don't know what happened, but lately I feel a little like Adam and Eve.  One day God says, "hey, you're naked" and they're all like, "damnit!  I can't believe we're freakin naked!"  I feel like my house has been like this, but suddenly I'm all conscious of it.  Siding.  the deck.  door frames.  paint.  falling retaining wall.  It all needs some loving.  Mayhaps I will just blind fold our guests til they're in the house??...

side note:  the other day Coop asked about Adam and Steve...  I asked him if he was talking about the folks "in the garden"... he said, "yeah, Adam and Steve".  I giggled pretty hard... probably embarrassed him... and realized we gotta start talking about the Bible a little more often...  it's gone neglected somehow...


Happy Weekend, peeps.  If your house is nice and quiet, do NOT take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...