Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Five For Friday


What... what!?  I'm back bitches.  I've been away for a little while.  Boy, do I have some stuff to tell ya.  Crazy stuff... but Ima space it out and make it real slow like.  We'll start here with a little Five for Friday for ya.

1.  Probably... no wait... I KNOW it is not as exciting for you, but Coop lost his first tooth.  Now if you've followed the saga of the wiggly tooth, you know I was a bit worried about the thing.  Here's a review: My Little Crooked Tooth 

 I took the following pictures and posted them in real time on Facebook... because I just KNEW the world was as fascinated as I was!...  It all began when The Hubs was tinkering with the sewing machine we found in the garage.  I was in the shower as the whole thing went down, but apparently he began badgering Coop with the string and grandiose plans of slamming doors.  After much hemming and hawing, Coop gave in.


Now, little teeth are slippery suckers so the little toothy nerds moved on to floss. 





What I loved most about the situation was his determination.  He never gave up.  (And this whole feat lasted like 45 minutes).  By the time he had wiggled it so much with the floss, the little tooth was practically hanging out of his face... good thing he didn't give up.  I don't pull teeth.

Finally, Coop's weapon of choice, the dry rag, did the trick:


And POP!  We were done.


So proud of himself!  Now, aren't you glad you went along for THAT ride.  Moving on.

2.  Ready...  drum roll...  I chose a science curriculum.  Phew.  Done.  Doing it.  Sick of thinking about it.  Ugh.  Here's what I went with:  Exploring Creation with Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day

Yes, it mentions both Creation and the Fifth Day in the title, but it really is quite a great book.  Coop digs learning about water creatures and it is chock full of experiments and activities.  Its been a little rough getting all the foundational stuff done... currents, salt water vs. fresh water etc.  He wanted to jump right in and learn about the animals.  Being a public school kid myself, it still feels a little weird talking about God in a science book, but this book doesn't slap you in the face with it.  It even includes water dinosaurs while reminding the reader that many parts of science are still based on theory.  I can deal with that.  I like it for early elementary school.  We'll probably switch gears for later elementary.

3.  Goodwill loves us.  Or not... depending.  Obviously I think whatever we've given to them is crap, but 3 trips to Goodwill with 2 being without the seats in the van and packed to the brim... I'd say we're finally decluttering like we've wanted to.  We're currently working on another load.  Sadly, this one load alone comes just from our bedroom closet.  I'm not going to get too far into this one because I've come to realize organizing shit and getting rid of crap can be a psychological journey.  I'll tell ya more about it next week.

4.  You gotta see this:  VBAC Baby Doll.  What's wrong with the world?  Wait. Don't answer that.

5.  I think we're still trying to get back to normal around here.  The Bro visited for two weeks and it was nothing but fun.  I know the kids miss him and the fact that our schedule wasn't as ho-hum.  At least they had someone fun to wrestle with instead of their ol' mom who just wants to school, school, school all day and do chores.  (I'd like to think I'm cooler than that, but I'm sure that's how they see it.)  It's always really sad to me when life gets back to normal after a visit.  I do like being back on top of the housework though!

Well.  Amazing, right?  Worth the wait?  Well, it is what it is.  Have a very happy weekend.  I need coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...