Pages

Monday, February 06, 2012

Doozies.

I've actually had people ask me what won the Great Sugary Debate.  Since I don't want to go into all the different reasons I haven't blogged in awhile (really, my excuses are DOOZIES.  I'll go into some of them when thinking of them doesn't give me anxiety attacks.) I figured this was just as good a place as any to start.

Nothing won.

The end.

Hmph.

The minions decided they would rather have Sunday Sundaes.  I kinda figured on this one.  This was two weeks ago.  Everyone happily declined the ol' doughnut and gobbled up their dinner ice cream.  I was pleased that I didn't have to go in to Ingles for a $4.00 box of doughnuts and mysteriously walk out with a receipt for thirty bucks of odd things.  On the other hand, damnit, I like a chocolate iced chocolate doughnut on Sunday with my coffee and a newspaper.

So yesterday, Z had a problem with the whole thing.  He wanted a doughnut and ice cream too.  I secretly hoped he would somehow persuade the whole van into just doing doughnuts.  No go.  Screaming three year old.  ugh.  So how do we remedy this?  Why, by taking a Sunday drive all over the city our church is in and landing at Cracker Barrel.  Yup, FAIL.  The stupid $4.00 box of doughnuts became a $50.00 breakfast out.  (It was the grownups that couldn't say no to temptation).

Where I think we failed is that doughnuts or ice cream or both became an entitlement instead of a treat.  In the end, Sunday Sundaes just feel too weird.  See as how these kids are a bit like their Mama, the ice cream never quite cuts it anyway.  They always ask for a bit of whatever savory leftovers the Hubs and I have scavenged up.  I do believe we are looking at both the end of Sunday Sundaes and doughnuts every single week.  Chaos shall ensue.  The masses shall riot.  It's gonna be fun. 

Now aren't you glad you know all about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...