1. One of the dead trees is gone. Praise Baby Jesus. I haven't gotten to 'try it out' yet though. It hasn't freaking rained or stormed since. I haven't been able to lay in my bed and think, "yaaaaay! no dying via smooshing tonight!"
2. I had the mother fucking IEP meeting.
3. On that note, I had five people sit around a table and after I asked, "well, we've knocked around the word 'autism' a lot... do you think this is what's going on here?" they all simultaneously nodded and gave a "yup." That was both the most gratifying and puke-able moment of my life.
4. At same meeting, we were in like flynn to the school system's special needs pre-k. Gratifying, yet puke-able. Passed... nay... failed with flying colors. Yay?
5. I signed up for 'transportation' through the school system. I will be putting MY THREE YEAR OLD on a bus four days a week. I am not exaggerating when I say I fear it like I feared finding my father dead when he came home for hospice. (Fun side note: I got to be the one to find him, coughing... the 'marble sound' they speak of. The sign it is 'beginning'. Monsters are real, folks.) My brain lets me think it out in my hyper-vigilant, extremely detailed way only to the point he gets on the bus. Then my brain goes fuzzy and I lose a bit of breath.
6. Bought a pump for the washer. What the what...??? We'll be doing laundry NORMALLY again!
7. Not only have we been putting in resumes, but receiving new dangled carrots from the employer... either way, we're working on it.
8. We have been cleaning out our clutter like the Hoarders on TV. This is both for physical space and psychological space. Mmmm... feels good.
9. Lola finally got baptized. According to my mother, she can now go to Heaven... whereas before, I suppose if something untimely had happened she would have suffered in the pits of Hell. I don't know if my mother and I worship the same God... at least, I haven't SEEN Lola commit any mortal sins at the ripe old age of 22 months... hmph. Either way, glad it is done and it was a most fabulous day with the Sis and good friends.
10. Coop is OLD. He is 7. This also implies *I* am old. I swear I just popped him out yesterday.
Well, that's all I can think of. Dumping it here always makes me feel better. Hopefully it is also moderately entertaining. Some here, at church, at various places, probably assume I've finally had this baby due to my absence... nope... just sitting over here, solving the worlds problems and quietly teeter-tottering on the edge of insanity.
I leave you with pics of our picnic near a little pond we found over the weekend. It was amazingly quiet and somehow relaxing even with my crowd. I'd say its just what we all needed.
How's THIS for large?? Wowza. Put me out of my misery.
I couldn't get Coop out of the pond. He wanted to stay there instead of going to the playground. Like a good Cub Scout, he even picked up all the litter he could find without being asked. It's things like that that warm my heart.
After the pond/playground adventure, I quickly retired to a well-deserved nap. After this little nap, I awakened to find my living room had been turned into a man-cave so as to enjoy video games. What the hell??
It was a good day.